Multicultural Relationships, Multiethnic Identity and Intercultural Transitions
Harriet Cannon, M.C., LMFT, LMHC, has 30 years experience working as a counselor, consultant, and workshop presenter in the United States and internationally.
Whether you or someone you care about is moving to a new country or culture, is part of a multicultural family or multiethnic relationship, the process of claiming a mixed cultural identity is a complex evolving journey.
As a consultant, Harriet uses her extensive knowledge, warmth and humor to take people beyond the basics of:
- multicultural relationships, individual, couple and family identity
- parenting multicultural and multiethnic children
- reducing the stress of international transitions and acculturation
Continuing Education, CEU’s for Psychotherapists and Educators: counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists, teachers
- half and full day workshops on multicultural identity, working with multiethnic individuals, couples, families and students
- three day international seminars that bring cultural and creative perspectives on professional burnout prevention to refresh psychotherapist and educators energy for work in today’s globalized world
Take a look at some of Harriet’s, articles, and information on a book co-authored with Rhoda Berlin, M.S., Mixed Blessings: A Guide to Multicultural and Multiethnic Relationships, that has received high professional acclaim.
Harriet Cannon and Rhoda Berlin are conducting research on the many ways people experience multicultural identity. To add your thoughts, please click on the link below. Your participation is greatly appreciated.